Let's have a quick look at some of the good news from March 2022. In the middle of the chaos that is happening in the world right now, it is important to keep an eye on the great news and continue to have faith.
Here are some of the good from this month of March:
1. A UK Company, The Earth Bag, have just launched the first and only Cradle-to-cradle tote bag in the world. This means that this bag is 100 % biodegradable and the first and only reusable bag that breaks down into nutrients when planted, rejuvenating the soil. A great news for the future of plastic waste and single-use plastic bags.
Cradle-to-cradle tote bag. @earthcom_official
2. California Becomes First State in Nation To Adopt Microplastics Reduction Policy. The California government’s Ocean Protection Council devised a Microplastics Strategy for the whole state. This strategy includes actions such as the elimination of plastic waste at the source, interventions to identify and block microplastics from point sources from entering California waters and much more.
3. Representatives from 175 nations (members of The United Nations) endorsed a historic resolution to end plastic pollution, and forge an international legally binding agreement, by the end of 2024.
Dandora landfill in Nairobi, Kenya, where much of the waste in the landfill is plastic.
4. Corals could be able to survive and cope with a 2 degrees Global Warming. Two of the most common corals have been transplanted to a warmer aquarium for two years and have shown capabilities of surviving the warmer temperature. A good sign for our coral reefs.
Coral reefs before and after climate change episodes.
5. 4KIDS, launched a brand new capsule collection in collaboration with The Reef Restoration Foundation. 50% of the profit made on this capsule will be donated to the foundation. The capsule has two t-shirts in blue and white.